I love to make things.
I have lived in Birmingham all my life, my family are Irish I was the first one to be born in the UK.
I haven't travelled far, only been to London twice in my life, I have visited France once and Ireland, more than once or twice.
I'm a cancer survivor.
Over the years, I have done very different jobs, barmaid, shop assistant, receptionist, personal assistant, my last job was a manager of a charity (thrift) shop.
Up until 18 months ago I was a carer for my mother, now I am at home full time.
Cake - New York cheesecake although carrot cake comes a very close second.
Chocolate - Green and Blacks milk chocolate
Favourite book - Little women by Louisa May Alcott
Favourite film, I have two - 84 Charring Cross road, and This happy Breed (when I grow up I'm going to be just like Celia Johnson.)
7 Crafty Facts about me.
- The first sewing machine I used was a Singer treadle, (my mothers)
- My favourite Summer as a child, was one I spent time making petticoats.
- My dad taught me how to knit.
- A lady that used to volunteer at the charity shop I work showed me tapestry and I went from there onto cross stitch.
- I have always dreamt of making a quilt, something I will be starting this year.
- Although I never got to meet her, my Grandmother was a seamstress, I think making things are in my blood.
- My husbands family owned haberdashery shops in Ireland.
Over to you, tell me a crafty fact about yourself.
Bye for now