Saturday 27 April 2013

Stitching on wood.


Another free kit, this one is only a couple of months old from Cross Stitcher and it's wooden. I didn't even know it was possible to stitch on wood, so I had to make this just to see.


I made a couple of changes, in the instructions it said to loop it through the key ring and tie it on, I didn't like the sound of that at all so I put two buttons on the join instead.


Plus there was nothing for the back, well that's like going out without your petticoat so I backed it will felt and backstitched to the key ring, which gives it a border on the front, popped an S on it and it was all done.

Bye for now

10 comments:

Busy Little Chicken said...

Ooh, that's lovely! I agree with you about backing it as well, it would need it. well done, looks great! :)

Valspierssews said...

What a lovely little project. The cross stitch looks great and the backing is a good idea.

tales from a handmade home said...

I've never heard of cross stitching on wood either, but it's very effective. I would imagine christmas tree decorations would look really good stitched this way........you're right, dignity must be preserved, the backing's a good idea.
Kim x

Fiona said...

That's really cute... I like that you added a backing....
Hugz

Katherine said...

I love the changes you made to the original pattern and the stitched design is really cute.

Anonymous said...

Lovely key ring, Shirley, and I like what you've done with the backing!

Wendy said...

ooooh lovely! I have this mini kit too but was considering stitching a different design, I just have to find something to the right scale - i'll put it on my to do list!

Ladybird Diaries said...

That's really lovely.
M x

Crafty Jean said...

Beautiful stitching Shirley. Never heard of stitching on wood. Stitching your initial on the backing makes it special to you x

Crafty in the Med said...

Hello Shirley

Now thats different I've never seen cross stitch on wood before either!
I agree with backing it because it would easily flip over and seeing something so nice one side and nothing the other tch!

Many thanks for your kind comments on my posts.

keep well

Amanda :-)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...