Wednesday 3 April 2013

Pin cushion

Craft Snippet N°11


Last week I stitched a little butterfly, I was just messing about with colour, and when I started it I wasn't really going to do anything with then, but as I stitched it I found Kaye who came up with idea of turning small cross stitch into pin cushions, thought oh yes what a great idea, so it turned from this to.....


It looks really cheery on my table in the sewing room. 


This is another first for me, it's my first attempt at patchwork. 


This is just a little gift-tag I made from the same idea of the padded cards. 

Bye for now
Shirley x

8 comments:

Fiona said...

well shirley, we can now call you a patchworker!! love the pincushion and you got your corners perfect! love the card too... quilted and all.... lovely goodies...
Hugz

Ellie Foster said...

Dear Shirley
Your first attempt at patchwork? Wow! Your little pincushion is really beautiful. Many congratulations!
Best wishes
Ellie

Kaye R said...

It is as cute as a button. 1st attempt at patchwork may not be a good idea. You could get hooked and then starts another long list of UFO's ; ) . Pin cushion addicts anon here we come.......

Wendy said...

how sweet! Well done for trying out patchwork, your points match so well! Love the padded tag - has it just got wadding underneath the house?

Wendy said...

yes, I can see it's a present and not a house, sorry, I was multitasking!

Valspierssews said...

Love your cross stitch butterfly. Cross stitches make nice pin cushions. Your patchwork looks great. Maybe we should make a cushion together based on the quilt in country cottage quilting.

tales from a handmade home said...

Hello Shirley,

Your butterfly pincushion is fab, love the colours, patchwork is such fun, your first attempt is fantastic.
Kim

Cheryl said...

Love your butterfly pincushion Shirley

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...